July 13, 2012

Desperate Times

 

   I have a confession.  I have been a chicken writer.  I have been holding back funny stories as I don't know how people will react to them!  I know, I know, you don't have to tell me. 
   So today, you get a hilarious story I have been holding onto in fear.  It was 6 years ago......
   Titus was just a baby and  Nick and I were exhausted!  We never slept, and NEVER had a moment alone.  The "love" was not happening!
   We finally decided we were taking off!  We planned a trip alone to the coast and left the kids with grandma and grandpa.
  We decided to take an obscure back road for the fun and beauty of it.  Ahhh, it was beautiful!  It was relaxing, and most of all, quiet.  Then it happened...
   I found my hand on Nicks leg, upper, inner leg.  This is a dangerous place of no return!  Well the desperation we had both been feeling got the better of us, and we found a secluded pull out and pulled on in.
  We couldn't stop!  We were like horny teenagers on a hot date!  Anyway, when we were done we started pulling the van out and heard a funny sound.
   It was a loud mixture of scraping and whooshing.  Nick and I looked at eachother in wonder, but as we drove faster, it went away.  So we forgot about it and REALLY started to relax and have fun while away from the kids. 
   A while later we had come to a rest area, and decided to stop in. 
   The sound came back as we started to slow down.  It got louder, and louder, the slower we went.  Upon opening our doors, we discovered what the sound was.....
   Apparently someone had thrown out their old Christmas tree in our pull out, and in our desperation, had not seen it before we drove over it.  The van had picked it up and we had branches sticking out both sides of the van! These were not twigs, these were full on huge branches sticking WAYYYY up!  Half of the tree had been scraped off on the road, and I can't help but wonder what any passers by thought when they saw us driving with a tree sticking out from the underside of the van! 
  Just thinking back on this story, I am laughing, and have had to take breaks due to the laughs! 
  I think any parent wil understand this level of desperation, and the hilarity of this silly situation!
  Do you have any desperation stories?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home