April 11, 2012

What are the odds?

Nick and I are goobs.  I will start by saying that so there are no misunderstandings here.  We are not abusive toward each other, we just have fun, and are occasionally rotten.  So this story starts almost 7 years ago.

   Nick and I were married in September of 2005, and while on our honeymoon, I thought he was going to leave me after all of our, or MY mishaps.

  He had a 2001 Mustang GT Convertible in a beautiful cobalt blue metallic flake.  We took this on our road trip honeymoon!  We followed PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) south until San Francisco, then took I5 to Los Angeles for Disney Land. Along the way we made several overnight stops and took turns driving. 

  The trip started well, and within a couple days turned bad as I curbed his rims, more than once.  He cringed the worst I had seen, and was not happy with me, although he remained calm and understanding.

  Days later, on I5 cruising with traffic in California at about 90 mph, traffic comes to a complete halt!  I slammed on my brakes and came within inches of the bumper in front of me.  The car behind us didn't fare so well, and turned to the center divider to miss us! 

   We later stopped for lunch and I decided it would be funny to shoot a straw paper at Nick.  Well as mom always said, "It's all fun and games 'till someone gets their eye poked!"  Well she was right.  That stupid straw paper shot Nick clean in the eye!  What are the odds!  He was livid and I thought that was the last straw.... Hehe

   He decided to keep me around for a while, to which I am grateful. 

   The other night Nick got me back.  We were goofing off and he had a rubber band at the front door, pulled back and ready to go.  I ran in the bathroom and closed the door to a crack and looked at him through it.  I tried to tell him to stop, and he shot the rubber band as I closed the door.  The rubber band hit me in the lip, and it hurt too!  I didn't know what to do!  My lip hurt, but it was funny and I couldn't believe he had actually made that shot!  So I was laughing and crying at the same time.  He felt horrible, and wasn't even aiming for my face, but did say "ahhh, payback is such victory". 

I looked at him and he said, "I guess that is payback for your straw paper incident!"  I guess I had it coming, I just didn't realize it was coming 7 years later!

We have had several times where we accidentally hurt each other along the way, and they all make some good stories.

  Now it is my turn.  I don't know what will happen next, or when it will happen, but I hope it is good!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home