October 21, 2011

School is so Tiring!

  This is Titus' first year of real school, and it is especially bad considering he was smart enough to go to the first grade class and not the Kindergarten class.  (This basically means not as much play) By the end of the day he is exhausted!  The other day as I picked him up from school, he said, "Mom, I am the most tired kid in the whole school.  I can only stay awake for another 2 seconds."

  Looking at where the van was parked I realized 2 seconds was not enough time to make it to the van.  I told him my sad news. 

"Titus, 2 seconds is not enough time to make it to the van."

"Well then, I can maybe make it 3 seconds, but I really am going to fall asleep!"

We got to the van and I opened his door. "OK, we're here!  Hop on in, and buckle up!"

I get into my seat and look back.  Titus has laid down half in and half out of the van. "Titus!  Hop in quick!  I don't want you to fall out when I drive off!"  I joke.

He gets into his seat and buckles up, I look back and he is out!  Not to wake up again until the next morning. 

  Titus has been handling the change well, and he ends up with a really long sleep once a week.  It is really fun to see him work and learn so much, but I do miss him on his sleep days!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home