March 20, 2011

Science Fair Fun!

    I remember doing the elementary school science fair and I can't say I have positive memories of it. In fact someone ruined my project before I could even present it! Anyway, enough about the ol' days.
    Arthur recently completed a science fair experiment for his elementary school with a group from his class. The experiment was "What will keep water warm the longest?" His group had 2 paper cups and around one they put two layers of bubble wrap. Around the other cup they had a layer of black paper, and a layer of bubble wrap. They did several days of testing and typing up their presentation. They found that the 2 layers of bubble wrap holds heat the longest. They received 3rd place in the school science fair and got to continue on to district! I was ecstatic! The day of Arthur's district presentation, Nick, Titus and I all got to go see him present the group project to the judges. We would not know how he ranked for several days. Friday evening we could go see all the ribbons and find out how the group did. We got to the experiment and Arthur says, "UGH! A brown ribbon?! Why did they have to make the participant ribbons brown?!" I looked over at him and said, "Well, first off the participant ribbons aren't brown, they are blue. See??" I said holding up another experiments participant ribbon. "Second off, your ribbon isn't brown, it's Bronze!" I was so excited, you would think I won the ribbon! "What does Bronze even mean?" Arthur asked. So I explained to him that Bronze is like 3rd place! We all had Dairy Queen as a celebration dessert! GREAT JOB ARTHUR! We are sooo proud of you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home